Monday, June 12, 2006

Maybe I should talk about homeschooling

A mom on a homeschool list I belong to wondered if anyone else has a homeschool blog, so I was inspired to either write more about homeschooling here or start a new blog on our homeschool journey. However, since dh already shakes his head at me for having 2 blogs and 4 e-mail accounts, I think I'll just make homeschool notes here instead of starting a new blog.

I still want to do what Vickie does and get the kids to keep their own blog for their homeschool journal.

Ds#1 is about mid-way through his Bird Biology course from Cornell University. We're looking into the IUHS program for him, but we're not sure how far to go with it yet since he's only 10.

Ds#2 is progressing through 2nd/3rd grade materials, on par with his age level (8), but because of his ASD, I don't really know how much of the abstract social concepts he understands from reading the What Your 3rd Grader Needs to Know book.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)