Thursday, December 07, 2006

Always something, plus

In addition to everything else I may or may not have typed here, my closest friend in town has decided she and her family will move back to CA. I know IN may not be an enlightened nirvana (no place on earth is, after all), but it's home to us and, racial incidents notwithstanding (and name me one place in the world where prejudice does not exist), we've been happy with it.

But it saddens me greatly that they will be leaving. Good friends are hard to come by, especially when you're an introvert like I, and seems like good friends are hard to keep in this college town.

Even the sounds of sandhill cranes flying overhead couldn't cheer me up this afternoon after learning the news.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)