Sunday, February 04, 2007

Woodstoves are niiice

When the weather is as frigid as it has been, we really appreciate our woodstove. Not only does it make the whole house cozy, but it heats us up for a fraction of the cost of propane.

Ours is a Harman, which dh says is ok, but somewhat fussy. I think Vermont Castings may be a better brand. Still, it has a catalytic converter and doesn't spew out as much noxious fumes as old-time fireplaces.

(Note 2/13/07: not that it matters to anyone, but dh says that it doesn't have a cat converter...he's going to explain the whole thing to me (again), but I guess I won't bore anyone with it; it doesn't spew out nasty stuff - that's all I care about)

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)