Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Laundry and phoebe

Spring milestone: I hung out my first load of laundry of the year! Woohoo! Spring is officially here, and it's a bit lionish too.

Our resident Eastern phoebe is back. Some winters, it doesn't even leave, but this year, it did go south (I'm assuming it was south...who'd be crazy enough to fly north for the winter?). But a couple of days ago, I noticed it was back from the singing. Today, it began building its nest in the usual spot: over the back door light. At least that's a better spot than over the back porch door where it leaves lots of poop on the door handle. I need to look up whether males or females build the nest. I have been assuming it's male, but I could be wrong.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)