Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bye, bye geese!

Adios, sayonara, adieu, ciao, farewell, and all that...but not au revoir, and not any of those other words that may also mean au revoir, because the last thing I want is to see those geese again.

I posted the critters (FREE: a pair of Embdens) to our homeschool group e-list, and, not surprisingly, nobody leapt up and down shouting, oooh, oooh, can I have them?! Then I posted them to Freecyle and, to my amazement, within 10 minutes, there were 2 separate e-mails begging me for them. So one lucky (hah!) family now has a new pair of geese.

Good riddance.

Maybe now we can get some ducks.

Oh, and as a final insulting note, not one of those eggs Jemima laid and had been sitting on were viable. @#$%^ useless geese.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)