Monday, June 25, 2007

What do chairs of academic departments do?


Dunno, but this one builds outhouses!

After dh becomes chair, we will likely need to host department parties, and the idea of having all those people in my house makes me hyperventilate. So, hopefully, with the outhouse in place on our hilltop, we can host parties there and people need never step foot inside our house. Heh heh. There's 10 acres to roam, not counting the state forest that adjoins our property, nor the 5 acres of the original property down the hill, so that should keep people busy and spread apart. (Guess I didn't post my Blogthings' "Are You an Introvert?" survey here yet. I'll post it below. It explains why I'd prefer, well, not to host parties period, but also why I don't want to be confined around others...not to mention the clean floor obsession-thing, but we won't go there today.)

You Are 10% Extrovert, 90% Introvert

You avoid people at all costs
You aren't one for social interaction
And you limit your interaction to a select few
Thank goodness for self checkout!


"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)