Monday, August 20, 2007

The heat is on...

...or so it feels like when you've got 3 burners on while processing tomatoes (and the outside temperature is in the 90s Fahrenheit).

Summer has been ephemeral for me this year. I suppose it'll seem that way if one is traveling a lot. Sandwiched between the travels are the harvesting and processing chores. After canning 22 quarts of tomatoes on Thursday, I'd think that we wouldn't be doing it again for a while, but a few days later (Sunday), we canned another 14 jars. Prolific boogers, tomatoes...almost as bad as rabbits or Catholics, but far tastier and more versatile.

I know I've said it a lot already, but I can't believe it's nearly September. Co-ops and classes need to be organized, schedules hammered out and re-hammered out again. Life is never easy trying to fit in the needs of several different families in these groups. Homeschooled children/families are some of the busiest people I know.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)