Monday, August 06, 2007

Random, goofy fun

Someone from CafeMom posted this on her page, and I thought it was fun enough to do it myself. :) I've deleted some questions because I just have no idea what they are.

A Random Number of Things About Me

1. First thing you wash in the shower?
my hair

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?
don’t have one

3. Do you like coffee?
I like cream with a little bit of coffee – really, I love coffee, a bit too much

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
annoyed

7. Do you say aim or a-i-m?
what is that anyway?

8. What are you?
Ooh, my friend, G, hates this question. But that’s usually because it’s in the context of ethnicity and the people asking are either racist or ignorant.

9. Could you eat your favorite food everyday for a month and not get sick of it?
Heck, yeah, if it’s borani or roast duck.

10. What are you craving?
fried chicken and soy sauce chicken (we don’t cull until the fall so won’t get chicken until then)

12. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
Sauerkraut!

16. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
Why would I want to? And when I try to count sheep to fall asleep, I lose track around 20 and have to start all over again.

17. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
I prefer soft serve type ice creams and it’s easy to lick those.

18. Do you use smileys?
Probably a bit too much.

19. How many bedrooms are in your house?
3 official; one unofficial…and it still seems like we run out of room sometimes.

20. Have you ever met a celebrity?
One time we saw Kevin Bacon at the Chicago airport, but we pretended like we didn’t see him. We don’t care to meet “celebs”.

21. Do you like cottage cheese?
Depends on what it’s in.

22. What’s the last song you had stuck in your head?
Voi che sapete from La Nozze di Figaro

23. Favorite place to be?
Home or Vancouver, my former home.

24. Are your parents strict?
Heck, yeah, but that’s how my sis and I turned out to be such good kids.

25. Would you go sky diving?
Once upon a time, I would have. Now, I get sick just walking around with my new glasses.

26. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
Not even if he were the last man on earth (who thinks up these questions?).

28. Is there anything sparkly in the room you’re in?
Uh, my personality...hahaha!

30. Do you rent movies?
Not if I can borrow them for free at the library.

31. Who sat in front of you in your math class?
Probably that idiot Claire because teachers sat us unimaginatively in alphabetical order.

35. Where are you going to be Saturday night?
Unfortunately, Delaware.

36. Brown or white eggs?
Blue-green ones from our very cute Americaunas!

37. Like rap music?
Only Will Smith’s from waaaay back.

38. Ever taken a train?
Yup. Would love to again soon.

39. Experienced the twin towers falling in New York?
Really, who wrote these questions? Oh, how about "ever met Typhoid Mary?", or "have you caught syphillus?"

40. Is anyone in your family famous?
Hmm, well, dh just became chair of his department, and I have to call him Dr. R now (just kidding!); does that count?

41. What day of the week is it?
Monday

42. What was your Lunch?
Leftover homemade biscuits and gravy with our own green beans and fried squash, also our own.

43. What is your best friend doing tomorrow?
Working hard and giving notice at her place of work…way to go, Epi!!!

46. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?
Another huh?

47. So, how about them Yankees?
Damned?

51. Is your hair curly hair?
Only with a perm…those nasty things.

52. Last time you cried?
Whenever I last PMSed.

53. Ever walked into a wall?
No, but I have walked into a domed exhibit at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.

56. Favorite season?
Spring or Fall

62. Do you sleep with the TV on?
Never.

63. Have you ever drank alcohol straight from the bottle?
I’m not that sad yet.

64. Do you think you're old?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no…depends on whom I’m interacting with.

65. Are you afraid of the dark?
No if I’m star-gazing; yes if I’m watching some creepy movie.

66. Do you like your life right now?
Yes, except for all the traveling.

67. When is the last time you chose a bath over a shower?
When I was pregnant, I think…that would be about 10 years ago.

68. Do you knock on wood?
Only with my head.

69. Do you have good vision?
Yeah, I’m clairvoyant. Oh, you mean with my eyes…yes in one eye, no in the other.

70. Can you hula hoop?
I used to. Too old now; I'd throw out my spine.

72. Do you have a job?
Paying no; non-paying yes, many.

73. Worst thing that happened today?
Having to try about 5 times before I could successfully post a msg to someone at CafeMom (I’m going to stop going there).

74. When is your next road trip?
Thursday…dammit.

75. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Oh for sure…I like to imitate that scene from Gentleman Prefer Blondes where Marilyn Monroe gets stuck in a porthole.

77. Can you handle the truth?
I watched X-Files - of course I can! Either that or I’m just completely deluded so it doesn’t matter.

78. What was the most recent thing you bought?
A book for my dear, dear friend Debbie!

79. How often do you talk on the phone?
Hate to talk on the phone. Don’t call us; I won’t call you. ;>

80. Are you in a complicated relationship?
Only when dh is being a dim bulb.

81. Do you hate more than 3 people?
Maybe, but I try not to.

82. Have you ever tripped someone?
No, I may talk mean, but I’m not a mean person.

84. Have you ever slapped someone?
Ds#1 on the butt when he used to get totally hysterical as a toddler. It was the only thing that snapped him out of it. One smack and he was fine. Hasn’t happened in 9 years though.

85. Do looks matter?
Alas, I do think so.

86. Do you use chap stick?
Yup, but not often enough.

87. Are you forgiving?
I try to be because I don’t want to be like my mom.

89. Do you own a gun?
Dh has an old one from his dad…he uses it to hunt occasionally.

90. Have you made a prank phone call?
No, I dislike adolescent pranks.

91. Have you ever been in a castle?
Yup…at Heidelburg, Germany. Is that how you spell Heidelburg?

92. Do you like your hair?
Hate it. Want my sister’s.

93. Do you like yourself?
If I didn’t, I wouldn’t talk to myself.

94. Are you closer to your mother or father?
My sister.

98. What’s the closest thing to you that’s red?
My lipstick color.



"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)