Monday, September 10, 2007
You know you're from Vancouver when...
(thanks, Rosie, for reminding me to bring more humor into the blog!)
1. Your co-worker has 8 body piercings and none are visible.
2. You make over $250,000 a year and still can't afford a house.
3. You take the bus and are shocked to hear two people carrying on a conversation in English.
4. You know what these abbreviations mean: PNE, GVRD, VPL, RAV, YVR.
5. You're shocked when it snows in the winter.
6. You've had a California roll for lunch.
7. You know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
8. You know how to pronounce Coquihalla.
9. A really great parking space can move you to tears.
10. Your hairdresser is straight, your plumber is gay, and your next-door neighbour grows weed.
11. At 8:30 AM, the guy at Starbucks wearing the baseball cap and sun glasses who looks like George Clooney IS George Clooney.
12. You car insurance costs as much as your house payment.
13. The gym is packed at 3 PM--on a work day.
14. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Thai, and Chinese food.
15. You watch the weather from a Seattle TV station because it's more accurate.
16. You pass an elementary school and the children are all busy with their cell phones or pagers while waiting for their personal rides home.
17. You're sure that you're the only one on the road with a REAL driver's licence.
18. You don't even listen when the forecast announces "chance of showers."
19. The more expensive the car, the worse the driver.
20. You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Second Cup, and Tim Horton's coffees.
21. You feel guilty when you throw paper or aluminum cans in the garbage.
22. You're not surprised to see geese throughout the whole year.
23. You can't remember: is pot still illegal?
24. If there's a day of snowfall, you consider not going to school or work.
25. You realize there are far more Rainbow flags in the city than Canadian flags.
26. You can name 10 Starbucks locations in less than a minute.
27. You don't even blink at the same sex couple holding hands on the street, but it shocks you when you meet a couple married for 40 years!
"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)
Posted by Anonymous at 5:22 PM