Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Things I've learned

1) Events I dread almost always turn out much better than I anticipated. (I shouldn't say this one too soon; Thanksgiving this year has not yet come, and I face an invasion of relatives by marriage with nowhere to hide.)

2) Trust the kids, but only as far as I can throw a refrigerator (thanks to Stephen King for that clever phrase).

3) Trust my calendar more than my friends (but love them anyway).

4) Mumble, mumble, mumble...there are things that should not be put on my blog.

5) Say less, listen more. Things I hear can't bite me in the butt as much as things I say. Don't let warm, fuzzy feelings of comraderie squeeze words out of my mouth that I'll regret later.

More to add as I get wiser. Speaking of wiser, there's an interesting little display at National Geographic online on memory that you should check out.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)