Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sometimes I hate Yahoo mail with a passion

I have 3 accounts with them (don't ask; dh thinks I'm insane...it's like one of those collection things, I guess. You buy one gecko knick-knack thinking it's cute and the next thing you know, you've got a collection of 300 geckos), and one of them I actually pay for thinking that I'd get better "service" with payment.

Well, as it turns out, I've had probably the worst luck with that account. Today, at the height of my feeling exceedingly grumpy and unloved, it suddenly ate one of my msgs. It had placed this msg into my Spam folder. I clicked on the msg, hit the "Not Spam" button, which would normally place the unoffending msg in the Inbox, and Voila! gone forever. I searched high and low in all my folders of that account to no avail.

I'm just hopping pissed because that was one msg today that could have brought a smile to my face (that's a hunch based on the fact that the sender was someone I had sent a thank-you note to yesterday, and I'm guessing it would have been a lovely you're-welcome note back).

A friend of ours had sent me a msg about the evils of Google mail and how it spies on your msgs, but, really, I don't give a crap about being spied on if the provider promises not to eat my messages up before I get a chance to read them.


"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)