Sunday, January 06, 2008

Changes, movie, Trulli

Feeling like a new year deserves some sort of change, I toyed around with a new look, etc., for this blog. The best I could do was change the title. Changing the URL will null any links to it, and changing the graphics requires more time and energy than I have. Bummer. I like change...in some things.

We watched The Prestige (through NetFlix; we're enamored with NetFlix right now) a couple of days ago. While it was overall an all right movie, the main characters are rather unsympathetic and unlikeable. I'm rather fond of Hugh Jackman, Michael Cain, and Christian Bale, but that did nothing to help me like the characters any more. I was, however, quite taken with Nikola Tesla as played by David Bowie. Perhaps it is due to my being intrigued for years by both Tesla, and to a lesser extent, Bowie.

We finally had lunch at Trulli Flatbread, as recommended by Abby. It's a classy looking place, but comfortable at the same time. The great thing about it is that it features products grown by local growers, and the offerings are pretty interesting too. I had a creamy root vegetable soup that was tantalizingly tasty, plus a shrimp pasta that incorporated a lot of olives, capers, and, my favorite, anchovies. The boys split a small but hearty duck confit (house-made) flatbread. Dh had an arugula tapenade panini which was subtle, but yummy too.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)