Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sharing the love

Since the dawn of guestbooks and blog comment boxes, I've been leaving little "xo" footprints, not expecting reciprocation (there often isn't anyway). But, sometimes, someone goes beyond nice and does something even more special than write sweet little notes.

Such an example would be Suzanne Buchanan (whose terrific blog, an open [sketch]book, I’d mentioned in an earlier post as being one of my favorites). She has very generously offered a beautiful Valentine package in a random draw to those who go out to link or send appreciative thoughts to a fellow blogger.

It took me a while, but I finally found and decided on Planet Ham. The whimsical illustrations caught my eyes. Upon further reading, I discovered it is the blog of professional illustrator, Matt Phelan. While I'd like to touch someone less famous, a deserving blog is a deserving blog.

Maybe next year when I manage to get some cards done, after the tortuous art/sewing room clean-up, I'll follow Suzanne's example and offer a gift for others to similarly share the love.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)