Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Still pluggin' away

Some days, I'm worried that I'll never get my art/sewing room cleaned and organized. Anyway, found this drawing below I made in one of the classes I took at the Waldron Arts Center. (Rick Ortwein, if you're out there somewhere, just wanted to let you know that you are one of the best art instructors I've had - you and Bill Mammarella at U DE - and I hope life's been good for you and your wife!) Another parenthetical remark - this picture is not of Rick, the instructor, but of an older lady who was also in the class; we had to draw each other.
It was a lesson on seeing the many planes that make up a human face. Fascinating project for both artists and anatomists, I think. I need to do more art (uh, I said that yesterday, didn't I?).

"Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." ~ William James (1842 - 1910)