Thursday, February 21, 2008

Birds and awards

GBBC
This year's Great Backyard Bird Count went pretty well. We remembered to do it all four days! We had some lovely surprises too: a Northern yellow-shafted flicker, an American tree sparrow, and a fox sparrow. The latter two don't usually hang out near the house, and we were delighted that they decided to make an appearance on the last day of the count.

You Make My Day!

Wonderful Diane (who makes amazing books...go check them out!), of the Much of a Muchness blog, surprised me with a You Make My Day Award yesterday. I'm so honored! But now, according to the rules of the game, I have to choose 5 other blogs to award it to, which makes me squirm because I'd love to award it to all the blogs I visit regularly. If I didn't think they made my day, I wouldn't go there, after all.

"The deal with this award is to pass it on to 5 other people who ‘Make Your Day’
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make your day
2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver
3. Tell the award winners that they’ve won by commenting on their blogs or emailing them."

Ok, I'm going to bend the rules (hey, if the space-time continuum can be bent, so can human-made rules!), and hereby award this to 6 people:
Suzanne
Joanna
Anne-Marie
Abby
Annie
Pica

p.s. to my sister - I've got a personal prize for you when you next visit! ;)

"Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." ~ William James (1842 - 1910)