Saturday, September 27, 2008

Papermaking, an art and a good time

I must thank Gracefruit again for doing a swap with me! It's propelled me to make paper which I hadn't done in a while. I find that I really love it. I vacillated between wanting to surprise her and announcing to the world what I'd made so far. Guess which side won?

The first little batch I made I'm calling "Sun and Sand." It's a yellow-tinted paper lightly scented with Bramble Berry's delightful Seashore fragrance. I made it so Elizabeth could on to summer for a little longer.

The second batch is called "Chamomile Blues." It's a blue-tinted paper, scented with Bramble Berry's Chamomile fragrance oil, and is flecked with bits chamomile which we grew and dried. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.

Here are a couple of photos, but they don't really do the actual papers justice. The top one is the paper drying on a piece of glass.This next one is a close-up, but it's hard to see the flecks of chamomile.I'm brainstorming on the next theme.

"Happiness depends upon ourselves." ~ Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)