Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Award, cake, and useful chair

Julie of Cool Mom Guide gave me a lovely award this morning - thanks, Julie! The rules are to post 6 things I value and 6 things I do not and then pass the honor to 6 other incredible bloggers.

6 things I value:
Honesty
Kindness
Fairness
Altruism
Objectivity
Generosity

6 things I don't value:
Whininess
Manipulativeness
Underhandedness
People who don't respond to smiles
Ignorance - unwillingness to learn something new or have an open mind
Illogic

6 people to tag
Well, I'm going to have to go with my usual policy of letting you decide if you want to play. :) Notice I didn't put "wishy-washiness" on my list of things I don't value...haha!

-----------

On a totally different note, I made a German Chocolate Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting on Sunday. I gave 3/4 of it to our dear friend, C, and her family because they are the most generous people we know. It's because of the fact that they're not wealthy that their generosity becomes the most obvious. While not much to look at, the cake turned out to be quite tasty. I had to stop myself at 2 pieces yesterday or my kids wouldn't have any to eat. ;)Have you ever found unintended uses for things? I needed to roll a hank of yarn into a ball to start knitting a sweater, and the kids were off doing their own thing, so I used the arms of this antique chair that my MIL had given to us to help me roll yarn. It was a good use for this otherwise underused chair. "The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet." ~ James Oppenheim