Saturday, October 18, 2008

Book-tagged by Michelle

Michelle over at Chocolate and Marmalade Tea tagged me with this one.

The rules are: Grab the nearest book. Open the book to page 56. Find the fifth sentence. Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST. Tag five other people to do the same.

Well, I have 2 books at equi-distance from me. The first one says, "We were right! Not for nothing is this our most populr sweater! Daniele knit up a killer sweater in a matter of days and it looks fabulous on her. Beginner knitters like it because it is knit on really big needles and has no ribbing or neck shaping."

The second book says, "Try to do this by visualizing your memorized color wheel. (If necessary, consult the wheel on page 24.) Find a bright-colored object among your surroudings, and name the source hue of that color."

Uh, does it sound like I read the most boring books in the world?

The first book is The Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits by Julie Carles and Jordana Jacobs, and the second book is Color by Betty Edwards (of the Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain fame).

Since I know most of my blog friends are super-busy this time of year (either making products for the holiday season, or in the throes of homeschooling), I won't tag anyone specifically, but if you play, please post a comment and let me know so I can read your book excerpts!

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet." ~ James Oppenheim