Friday, October 17, 2008

Too busy to write...

...but I do have some random photos to share. :)

Michelle asked what the buns looked like after being baked; we had already eaten all the hot dogs, so I took a photo of the burger buns (ds#2 made the plate the buns are on) ~Speaking of baking, I tried the Magic Blondies recipe that I'd printed out from MarthaStewart.com We'll have them for dessert tonight ~Ds#1 took a photo of the chickens (the roosters who will reside permanently in our freezer in another month or so) when they'd gotten up on the roost poles for the night. They've gotten so big already. ~I finished my first pair of cotton socks. I could have sworn they fit me when I measured them, but I discovered that they're just a tad too small, so my sister, who has smaller feet than I do, will get to take these. ~My dh is pretty clever. Our wonderful friend, C, gave us these peach baskets, but the handles were rusty wires that cut into our hands when we carry heavy things in the baskets, so dh cut off sections of an old garden hose and inserted them into the handles, which makes them really comfy to use now. The pear basket is without the hose insert, and the apple basket has it, for comparison. ~And now, back to scurrying around...

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet." ~ James Oppenheim