Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ow, me achin' back!

You know about the Schwarzchild Radius and that it describes the event horizon - the boundary between the areas of no return and that of achievable escape velocity - of a black hole? I really thought that culling 9 chickens would be my Schwarchild Radius. I thought that I'd teeter between being able to recover from the back-breaking experience and being unable to return to normalcy, doomed forever to hunch over with a sore back (or worse yet, having my back actually break from the labor with such force that it'd shoot blood into my brain and give me an aneurysm...would that happen or should I leave writing medical dramas to someone else?).

I now suspect I'd probably be more like Hawking Radiation and be able to escape even if sucked into the hole side of the radius, a bit sore for the experience, but otherwise, bouncing back sufficiently to do another batch next weekend.

If you think I'm babbling, I probably am. Tiredness does that to me. :}

9 down, 9 more to go next weekend. And if we can't get a hold of a free-range turkey from our health-food co-op, guess what we're having for Thanksgiving? Give you a hint, it's not a Tofurkey (although I've been wanting to try that); it'll be one of these chickens below...(five of the nine today, and nothing like Seven of Nine for you Trekkers)

Wishing everyone in the U.S. a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday week!

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet." ~ James Oppenheim