Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cupcake experiments

It's been years since I last made cupcakes. In fact, it's been so long that I don't think I've ever made cupcakes before (except that dh tells me that I have made them in the past). Having seen tons of the most delectable cupcakes online lately, I was finally spurred to make some when Gracefruit posted a recipe at her site. NOTE: you are not allowed to head over to her site to view her gorgeous creations as mine are pathetic by comparison. *grin*

So anyway, using the Magnolia Bakery recipe, I made the vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Here's the batter:And fresh out of the oven:Finally, frosted:I left the frosting white just to avoid food coloring. It looks a bit sad because I have no frosting "instrument"; instead I used the plastic bag with a snipped corner method.

They may not be the most beautiful cupcakes (they're not the worst, I admit), but dh and the boys (and yes, me too) wolfed it all down in no time.

"He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home." ~ Johann von Goethe