Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I think posting all week last week took the oomph out of me, so I've been quiet on the blogging front. However, it's Thursday yet again.

Before I tell you what I'm thankful for, I want to share a couple of pics:Did we get snow or did we get snow?? This was taken right after I let the dog out so she could accompany dh to take care of the chickens. Notice how she wasn't going to venture into the deep parts? Everybody and their dogs (really) were talking about peanut butter on Twitter for a while - the tainting and other topics. Inspired by Joanna's post, I made my own peanut butter "cups" (they were more like peanut butter balls). They were kind of ugly (like Turtles candy), but very tasty and quite easy to make. (ds#2 made the heart plate...which is for sale, in case anyone was wondering *smile*)

Anyway, this week, I'm thankful for:

1) ds#1 - who is my spell checker/editor and bird ID expert. He'll turn 13 on Sunday - may he always find Scientific American and LEGOs more interesting than violent video games and other unwholesome teen activities. *sniffle*

2) ds#2 - who is my human GPS. I'd be lost a thousand times while driving if he didn't know the exact direction to places. I know it's probably a skill which is a by-product of his ASD (autism spectrum disorder...I get annoyed when people use acronyms they don't explain), but I still appreciate it since I'm directionally challenge.

I believe I'm suppose to pick 2 winners for my giveaway tomorrow. Come back for more fun!

"He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home." ~ Johann von Goethe