I wasn't going to post so soon, but wanted to pass along and acknowledge a few fun things. :)
Firstly, Allover Art is having a giveaway at her blog! You should check out her lovely art on Etsy too.
Next, for cute Valentine craft ideas, look no further than Urban Debris' blog post.
Lastly, but not leastly *grin* is the award love that I've received lately.
From Stace at Stace's Space, this baby, as well as thisWendy at Athena Academy also gave me the Hooked On Your Blog award, so I'll combine the two. :) The rules are:
*List six things that make you happy.
*Pass the award on to 5 other bloggers
*Link back to the person who gave you the award.
*Link to the people you are passing it on to and leave them a comment to let them know.
Well, 6 things that make me happy are:
1) sunny days! Like today. It's 12F out, our thermostat is set on 68F, but because it's sunny, it's 70F in our living room...woohoo!
2) that my kids are old enough to let us sleep in in the mornings.
3) when I can breathe normally. I have some funky allergies that either make me congested or make me gasp for air like I can't fill my lungs.
4) meals that dh cooks with all, or most, of the ingredients from our own homestead (e.g. when he makes Laura's home-fries with our own eggs, potatoes, kale, onions, etc.)
5) knowing people actually read my blog, let alone give me awards...that definitely makes me happy (can't help it; it's the writer in me. I yearn to be read at some deep level).
6) ok, this is corny, but waking up each morning (even though I really hate to wake up...did I tell you I have some of the best dreams??...and get out of a warm bed). It means I'm alive, still, and I have a chance at tackling a whole 'nother day. Plus, I have indoor plumbing (see my previous Thankful Thursday post); what more can a gal ask for, really?
All right, then. I've linked back to my awarders (yup, made the word up), but per my usual lame self, I can't pick 5 people to give this to. I am hooked on more than 5 blogs (I'm hooked on way too many blogs for my sanity or productivity), and I'm even pretty good about commenting on each blog I visit. So I pat myself on the back, and pat all the rest of you on the back, and will move on.
Navita of the Zaayeeka blog, which never fails to have marvelous recipes (how am I suppose to maintain my weight reading all these wonderful food blogs??) gave me this award:I've had this award before, but one can't be loved too much!
Happy Friday, everyone; and hope your weekend is filled with fun and relaxation!
"He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home." ~ Johann von Goethe