Sunday, February 22, 2009

Where, oh where, has my little week gone?

I hear the whooshing sound of my week gone down the toilet. Oy.

Well, this past week, we lost a young hen (less a year old) to, we believe, TB. Luckily, the other chickens seem healthy enough for now.

I also missed Thankful Thursday, although I will tell you what I'm thankful for: that our car wasn't one of those stuck on the road, or worse, ran off the road, in the slushy conditions on our way to my friend's baby shower yesterday.

On Thursday, dh wanted a field-trip, so we took off to bird-watch at Ewing Bottoms where we saw hundreds of Sandhill Cranes. There was even one Whooping Crane among the Sandhills! Then, as we were watching the cranes, a Golden Eagle flew over them and was circling them, causing the Sandhills to panic (which basically means they were even louder than they were while at rest). I couldn't get the video to load on Blogger, but you can find it at my YouTube page. We also saw four Mute Swans at Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge: And here we are, Sunday again.

I'm going to try to continue catching up on my blog reading...I really miss visiting all your blogs and I'm not ignoring you, honestly! :)

Oh, forgot to mentioned that Firefly Mom, of the hilarious Pack of Hungry Snails blog, gave me some bloggy love:*mwah* - I adore ya back!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

"He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home." ~ Johann von Goethe