Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Random Tuesday Facts

Just a short one today because I didn't get as much computer time as I'd hoped. So, what's the random fact?

Sharp knives. Ok, so that's not really a fact. But every kitchen should have at least one pair.

Yeah, really. Dh is an excellent cook, and one thing he insists on is high quality knives kept sharp. We've heard elsewhere that dull knives are what causes accidents, and I believe it. After trying to eviscerate a chicken at a friend's house with a dull knife of hers (and stabbing myself...luckily, not seriously...with the knife), I was thrilled to cut up a chicken a few days later with a knife that dh honed for me right before cutting. The job is made so much easier with a good knife.

We have Henckels and Cutco knifes that we're very fond of. Do you have some knives that you like and do you keep them sharp?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams