Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Happy December!

Did you all hear the sonic boom of my November going by? But I did it! Cranked out 50,166 words in a month, and here's what I have to show for it:Doesn't pay the bills or clean the kitchen (really!), but I had so much fun with my NaNoWriMo buddies that I plan to do this again next year.

I'm cracking up here because I had planned on posting this yesterday, but the day got away from me (and it was *hands gesturing* THIS big!). I had uploaded all the photos and was going to finish doing the write-up today while at the library so I could post it, but the library wireless connection was having fits and so I couldn't do it for a while. Then, when I was finally able to get online, I accidentally deleted one of these photos, so had to wait to get home before I could upload the photo again before posting. I have a feeling the Blogging gods didn't want me to post anything. And, dear Allison (Under a Shady Tree) came over and gave me a big ol' nudge before I could finally crank this out. ;D

What else went on in November? Well, our mache grew very nicely, for one. In hand:and in salad:Ds#2 turned 12 - good grief, how did that happen? And dh attempted to make kimchi for the first time with our own napa cabbage:Here they are in the jars that JGTH gave us:And last, but not least, we had a lovely Thanksgiving with a couple of friends - lots of good food and laughter over playing Wii and ping pong together. In remembrance of a nice holiday, I dedicate our canned Tree of Life Organic Cranberry sauce to Brad (Bone in the Fan) and his Meatist column, Blonde Duck (A Duck in Her Pond) because she is also fan, and Grace, because she doesn't like this stuff. ;)

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams