Monday, September 05, 2011

This blog has lasted longer than some marriages!

That's kinda sad about the marriages, but pretty amazing about my blog.

Apparently, my first post on this particular blog was made back in March of 2006. Despite the many times I've wanted to stop blogging and have a real life, I've kept on keeping on...and here I am.

Some people keep track of their number of posts; me, I can't even keep track of my kids' names or ages. I'd like to say I've got better things to do, but the truth is that my memory has left me for a much younger woman. Now that IS sad.

Speaking of sad, here are a few photos of the devastation crows and raccoons left in their wake.  They destroyed the corn: (hm...this actually looks like a photo of pre-devastation...whatever...)

They destroyed the musk melons:
They destroyed the yellow watermelons:
They had left the Moon & Stars watermelons for a few days longer, but have since eaten them too.
It's enough to make a grown gardener cry.  Yet hubby bravely plows on, (no pun intended; he doesn't plow) sowing seeds to start lettuce and beets and more:
I guess you can't be a gardener if you aren't optimistic.  So I'll leave you with a fun quote about the optimist by Oscar Wilde, "Between the optimist and the pessimist, the difference is droll.
The optimist sees the doughnut; the pessimist the hole!"

Mmmmm....doughnuts....

Next time: how to cut up a whole chicken!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams