|Like a pound cake...ooh...touched for the very first time...|
Wow, was it ever good! So moist and subtly lemony (that is, not so lemony that it makes your face implode).
And because I know my amazing photography skills above (hahahahaha!) make you drool and long for this delectable dessert, here's the recipe:
Canadian Lemon Bread
1/2 C milk
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking powder
3/4 to 1 C sugar to taste
grated rind of 1 lemon
8 T butter
topping: 1/4 C sugar, juice of one lemon (about 1/8 cup)
1. Heat oven to 350F. Grease a single 9"x5" loaf pan, or two smaller ones.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Without sifting, combine dry ingredients and lemon rind, and stir into milk mixture.
3. Melt the butter and stir into batter.
4. Pour batter into loaf pan(s).
5. Bake 30 to 45 minutes, depending on pan size. The bread will split down the middle. Test for doneness with a toothpick.
6. While baking, put together topping ingredients. As soon as the bread is removed from oven, spoon topping over it.
7. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove and continue to cool on a rack.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams