Monday, December 16, 2013

China, part 1: Shanghai

I can't even being to tell you the he-double-hockey-sticks it was getting there. But, got here we did, with three of us sick (my sons and me; hubby got sick by the end of the stay in Shanghai).

The weather in Shanghai, and, really, for most of the trip, was cooperative. We spent 5 days there, with hubby taking the bulk of the photos on the iPhone and Son1 and I taking turns using the DSLR.

Here's a sampling of some of the places and things we saw.

The first day, we went to People's Park, which is in the center of Shanghai:
Air quality wasn't too bad…can see skyscrapers that were a ways off.

Then, we went to Yu Gardens:
One of the best things there were the filled mochis…mmmm:

More Yu Garden views:
This little butterfly took a liking to Son1:
Food at Yu Gardens:



Shanghai dumplings for lunch:


Took a stroll along the Bund, looking across to Pudong.
Some old buildings…lots of interesting architecture.
More Bund buildings...
We stayed in a hotel, the Rhea, in the northern edge of Shanghai. It was conveniently located next to a Metro station, which we made use of a lot. Shanghai has a very organized and easy to navigate Metro, a fact that we didn't fully appreciate until we had to use the Metro in Beijing.

And speaking of Beijing, that will be the next post.

Have you ever been to Shanghai or want to go there or watched a movie located there? ;)

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams