Monday, September 29, 2014

Chocolate Coconut Bars, a drool-fest

I am honestly losing my mind. I could have sworn I posted this recipe before, but a search turned up nada.

Per several requests on Facebook, I am sharing this recipe which is one of my favorites: it's easy to make, always turns out, and tastes amazing. Those of you with coconut aversions, I'll see you next week. ;)

Chocolate Coconut Bars - adapted from Martha Stewart's website
3 C finely ground graham cracker crumbs
3/4 C unsalted butter, melted
1 C chopped pecans
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 C shredded coconut (I use unsweetened, but you can use sweetened if you like)

Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly splash a 15"x10" rimmed baking sheet with water, then line with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, stir together crumbs and butter until combined. Evenly press onto bottom and up sides of the baking sheet. Bake, rotating halfway through, until firm, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 20 minutes.

Spread the pecans and chocolate chips evenly over the cooled crust. Drizzle the condensed milk over the pecans and chocolate to completely blanket crust (but not over the edges). Sprinkle coconut on top.

Bake until coconut is toasted, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.

Hope you'll like this as much as my family does!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams