Monday, February 09, 2015

The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators NYC Conference

Because I'd spent the previous week preparing for the conference and then most of the week away for the actual conference, I don't really have a post today. Therefore, I'm going to post a few doodles I did while I was listening to the speakers at the SCBWI Conference, and a bit of rambling and call it a day. 


Not only was it an inspiring conference, I also got to meet a whole bunch of online friends for the first time: Douglas Florian with whom my friend Elaine and I spent a lovely half-day with,
he signed a bunch of books for me
my Penguin Posse critique group friends and Minnows Literary Group friends. I am pretty sure I have new best friends for life, partly because we shared some scrumptious meals. When you break bread (or sushi) together, you are bonded in friendship!
tapas, Japanese-style
scallops at Cognac, NYC
I hope to have a very cool post about a very cool friend for next week or the following week. Stay tuned!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams