Monday, February 10, 2014

Doodle Day December

I love alliteration!

Since my last participation in July, 2013 (see this post), I'd been a bit too busy to keep up with Doodle Day until this past December. The theme for the month was water, but my brilliant (seriously) friend, Sylvia decided that it'd be cool to focus even more narrowly, choosing a sub-theme of cephalopods. Inspired by her cleverness, I also narrowed my focus to water-related birds. This happened on the fourth day, so my first few doodles were not of birds. Plus, after "Z," we were free to draw whatever we wanted, and I continued to do birds, though not water-related ones.

Here they are for your enjoyment. Click on a photo to see a larger version.





























I took a rest on the last day and posted one of my illustrations of a kakapo that I did previously for a picture book manuscript that I've been submitting:
Hope you enjoyed this little display of my bird art. :)

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams