Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Having a bad Hairball day


Hairball is our friends' cat. She is actually a very good cat, but her name makes for good word-play. ;)

Not that I don't have my gripe about her: she is needy. Now, that might be why some people like pets - so they will feel needed and loved. But, for those of us who get enough love from our spouses, families, and friends, I invoke David Duchovny's comment about not liking to work with maggots (on the X-Files set) because they're so needy. It's bad enough that kids are needy, but when I have pets that are too, it makes me a bit crazy (or crazier, as dh would remind me).

Chickens have to be the perfect pets. They are not needy, but can be personable, and they give you food! I think dh and I have decided that after the dog dies, we'll stick with just chickens from then on.

(photo is of Hairball and Gali at Hairball's home)

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)