Friday, June 15, 2007

It's kind of funny, really

My dear sister recently had a bit of a fall-out with a long time friend because of something she wrote about him in her blog (luckily they seemed to have kissed and made up...or at least made up...). I told dh about it, and he reiterated what he's always said about cautioning me not to put my blog URLs on the sig line of my e-mail in case people read one of my whiny posts.

Well, the truth of the matter is, nobody actually reads my blogs even though the URLs are on my e-mail. All right, not "nobody;" a handful of people do...and you know who you are...but really pretty much nobody else does. In fact, dh asked me just a couple of days ago why my URL wouldn't work when he tried to bring it up at his office. Couldn't figure it out at first, but finally (I'm a bit slow), I realized instead of ".blospot", I had typed in ".blogger" for my URLs. I think I must have done that at one point when I changed my sig line.

Anyway, my point is not one person told me that I had it wrong from seeing it in my e-mail for the past umpteenth months. Therefore, nobody must have tried to click on the URLs, and it proves that nobody reads my blog, and dh is worried for nothing. I like it when I prove dh wrong. Heh heh.

I suppose if I dissed one of my friends online, that'd probably guarantee that that particular friend will read my blog. But, I'm trying to be more "compassionate" (see Janet Luhr's latest issue of Simple Living newsletter), so I'll try not to diss anyone.

Besides, this blog (both my blogs) is just another journal venue because I'm not always good about the pen-paper one (I save my delicious vents for that one...haha), so if nobody read it, it really doesn't matter.

File this under Brain Farts.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)