Thursday, August 23, 2007

He did it!

Ds#1 took his first ever exam today (for that high school class I mentioned previously)! He looked so young - and cute, but I'm biased - among the 5 other teenagers who were also there to have their exams proctored. It took him 1.5 hours out of the 2 alloted, and while he was nervous about it when we scheduled the exam, he was calm by today and felt afterwards that it went well. I'm so proud of him.

On a totally different note, I was reminded again that there is nothing for sure in life but death and taxes, and that you can't always count on people unless you get some sort of specific promise...or depends on the person too. I'm not saying this bitterly or anything, just stating a fact that hopefully someone else will take to heart and benefit from.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)