Sunday, September 02, 2007

And now for something totally a waste of time...

Borrowed from a CafeMom friend:

52 Confessions

1. The phone rings, who do you want it to be? I don’t want the phone to ring because I don’t want to have to answer it.

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Yeeeah! Don’t get me started on inconsiderate schlobs who don’t return carts (I make exceptions only for moms with little kids, the elderly, and folks with various handicaps who can’t walk very far).

3. If you had to kiss the last person you kissed, would you kiss them again, or not? Of course I’d kiss dh again!

4. Do you take compliments well? Not at all.

5. Do you play Sudoku? Tried it, but I like crosswords better. Ds#1 and I played a really fun crossword in a Scientific American issue a few months back.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness would you survive? If I were next to a source of water, possibly. I am pretty certain I could start a fire and field-dress a small animal…provided I can find and kill one. But my foraging skills aren’t terribly good; I don’t know my wild plants and fungus too well. I’d be eating a lot of dandelions, onion grass, and mustard greens.

7. If your house were on fire, what would be the first thing you would save? Dh, the kids, and the credit card...first 3 things.

8. Who was the last person you slept in the bed with? Dh...as it has been for the past 18 years.

9. Who do you text the most? I never text.

10. Favorite children’s book? Oh man, too many to list one favorite! Cricket in Times Square; Edward Eager’s "magic" books; Mary Poppins series (P.L. Travers’ xenophobia notwithstanding); Betsy-Tacy series; Little Women; Harry Potter series; etc. etc.

11. Eye color? Dark brown.

12. How tall are you? 5 ft 1 in.

13. If you could do it over again, start from scratch, would you? No; it was stressful enough the first time around, thanks.

14. Any secret admirers? If I knew, they wouldn’t be "secret," now, would they?

15. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? Never. We don’t usually do chain restaurants that don’t sell ethnically authentic foods.

16. Favorite ex..? I have no exs; I was of the opinion that anyone worth putting time into long-term dating had better be husband material. I had some fun ex-dates, though!

17. Where was the furthest place you traveled? Farther is relative to what you consider your starting point. I was in Asia, and I was in Europe…not sure which is farther.

18. Do you like mustard? Generally; mostly Dijon.

19. Do you prefer to sleep or eat? I love both with equal passion.

21. Do you miss anyone? My sister who lives too far from me.

22. Can you do splits? Banana, yes; other kinds, no.

23. What movie do you want to see right now? The Prestige.

24. What did you do for New Year’s Eve? Probably watched a little TV and went to bed early. Yeah, I’m a party animal.

25. Do you think The Grudge was crappy? Maybe if I saw it.

26. Do you own a camera phone? Yeah, but not by choice. It sure came in handy when my friend and I were yard-saling and she needed to send her dh a photo of something she wanted to buy.

27. Was your mom a cheerleader? Heck no; what an undignified, un-academic, and un-lady-like thing to do is probably what she’d say. She and I agree on some things.

28. What’s the last letter of your middle name? a

29. Are you Hispanic? No, but we’re all related if you go far enough back.

31. Do you like care bears? A resounding No

32. What do you buy at the movies? The rare times that we go now, nothing. In my youth, usually popcorn.

33. Do you know how to play poker? Yes, but I need my cheat sheet or I wouldn’t know a full house from a flush.

34. Do you wear your seatbelt? What do I look like, I have a death-wish on myself? Of course I do!

35. What do you wear to sleep? Flannel in the winter, tank top and shorts in the summer. Oh, and a frown, of course. ;) I don’t know why I frown in my sleep because I love to sleep.

36. Anything big ever happen in your CITY? It’s just a medium sized town, but sometimes we get in the news. Like when John Mellencamp does anything or when some racist goes through a mid-west killing spree, and takes out some innocent person on the street (and ironically, the “Church of the Creator” nut killed someone outside of a Methodist church).

37. Is your hair straight or curly? Straight, but it curls at some of the stuff I read on the news.

38. Is your tongue pierced? What? Nothing touches my taste buds that doesn’t enhance it.

39. Do you like Liver and Onions? Oh boy, do I ever! We once went to this family-style restaurant (that term makes me cringe; I’ll just call it an ethnic-midwest style restaurant) in Starlight, IN, I think that’s where it is, that had a really tasty liver and onion dish which, I kid you not, was about four times the size of a meal I would eat (which would explain the obesity problem of America).

40. Do you like funny or serious people better? Funny is usually better.

42. Who is on your mind right now? My poor sis who had a fall on Friday.

43. Any plans 4 tonight? Dh is making his wonderful version of borani; I plan to eat lots.

44. Whats your fav. song at the moment? Voi che sapete

45. Do you hate chocolate? If chocolate were god, I’d be religious.

46. What do you and your parents fight about the most? De-cluttering (their home).

47. Are you a gullible person? Sometimes when my guard is let down. Mostly I’m a skeptic with a capital S.

48. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy? Nope…well, dh and my sis make me pretty happy, and the kids sometimes as well. But, mostly I just need me and the crazy voice inside my head. Hah!

49. If you could have any job what would it be? An astronaut on a one way mission to another galaxy. Or a portrait artist with as much talent and fame as Everett Raymond Kinstler.

50. Are you easy to get along with? If you ask me, I’d say yes. If you ask dh, he’d roll his eyes. If you ask my sis, she’d say yes too. So, I guess the general consensus is yes.

51. What is your favorite time of day? When I’m sleeping.

52. Are you generally a happy person? I’m more so now, but I’ve always been a smiley person, happy or not. As the quote by Cynthia Nelms goes: Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.

And I just noticed that it's missing #20, 30, and 41. Maybe I'll just make up something...

20. What did you name your cat, or if you don't have one, what would you name your cat? I used to have cats. One was named Euclid (as in geometry), and the other was Willow (as in Pussy Willow).

30. What's your favorite charitable organization? Southern Poverty Law Center.

41. Do you know Newton's laws of physics? I only remember the ones about inertia, and force equalling mass times acceleration.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)