Thursday, October 18, 2007

NaNoWriMo is here again!

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, which is in November. For a good description of it, check out the Fiction Writing forum at About.com.

I am trying to decide if I want to do it in an attempt to wrestle another novel out of me. I admit that I'm generally a slug and if not given a deadline, I don't get things done (dang, don't tell the kids that; I'm trying to set a good example for them). So, the good side is that this will give me a deadline; the bad side is that I don't want to totally stress out because of the pressure.

What to do, what to do?

Ok, no more hand-wringing. I signed up for it. Now I'm trying to convince ds#1 to try it too. There's a Young Writers Program equivalent.

Also did yoga for the first time in months. Ow. I'll be stiff tomorrow. Still can't find my favorite video for yoga, but I made do with the harder one.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)