Monday, November 12, 2007

They're molting...they're molting...

Not a very good parody of the Wicked Witch of the West. :}

Our chickens are molting. Not only do they look bad, but our 9 hens (2 of which may still be too young to lay) are giving us 1 egg every 1 to 2 days. Pretty pathetic.

Speaking of chickens, we ate one of the ones we had culled a few weeks back last night. The flavor sure was intense. For some reason, the skin was pretty tough though. Oh well, saved me from eating too much fat.

Speaking of fat (as the song goes "One thing leads to another..."), I think I may have gastric reflux (GERD). At least I hope that is what it is and not something more serious involving the heart. I am going to lay off the alcohol, coffee, and chocolates for a bit and see if that helps. Dang! I refuse to lay off fatty foods for now though. Life would just not be worth living if I couldn't have at least that.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)