Sunday, December 30, 2007

Things that Make Me Happy - Dec 2007 edition


1) The goofy snowman nightlight whose body is a heat activated snowgloby-type thing. Once the light has been on for a little while, the viscous fluid within (and the sparkly sprinkles it contains) start to move around due to thermal gradients. For some unknown reason, that just makes me smile.

2) Our blue eggs.

3) This one is more of an ambivalence deal: people who are slower than I am at answering e-mail. I'm happy that there are others who are worse than I am at keeping in touch, but I hate it when it's a timely question and the other person completely drops the ball. Luckily, I don't have many timely questions.

4) Science...makes me happy even if I don't completely understand quantum physics or even the theory of evolution. As Martha would say: Science, it's a good thing.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)