Monday, February 18, 2008

A taste of summer and funny egg

What a weird day weather-wise. First it was flurrying like a blizzard, then the sun came out with a huge patch of blue sky. These two conditions alternated all day long.

The heading doesn't refer to the weather, which is rather nippy with high winds whipping through. Rather, I'm talking about the hummus dh made yesterday. Dh makes the best hummus in town. Casablanca Cafe used to make a really tasty one, but I don't know whether it's because they have new ownership or a new chef, the last time we ate there, their hummus was awful - salty and not garlicky enough.

Dh's hummus (below) has organic garbanzo beans, organic olive oil, and our own organically grown garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, which, I am proud to say, are excellent. The tomatoes, if I close my eyes, puts me on a Carribean island...mmmmm!

The chickens are laying some funny eggs - funny-strange, not funny-haha. The other night, I had to get rid of a shell-less egg from the nest box. And Hypatia laid a teeny-tiny, marble-sized egg. We haven't used it yet, but I wonder if it even has a yolk. Attila the Hen had also laid a marble-sized egg a few weeks ago, and hasn't laid again since.





















"Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." ~ William James (1842 - 1910)