Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Creative tools


The kids and I are very excited: we have a new (used) pottery wheel! I am really bummed that Sara and her family are moving off to Switzerland, but I'm glad we had the chance to buy her pottery wheel from her. [Sara, I promise to take good care of it! And thanks so much for the throwing table, books, and tools!] It's on the screened-in porch, but it's too cold to use it right now. The high today is supposed to be 28F, and it's a balmy (hah!) 14 degrees currently. I can't use it at all until the humidity is higher because my hands will simply crack doing clay in the winter; no amount of Product Body shea butter could revive them.

On Thursday, the dyes from Bramble Berry arrived...yay! However, one of the containers had leaked en route and it looked like there was a grisly murder inside the bag:

Lots of fun, creative projects in store for me; now I have to find the time to do them all.

"Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." ~ William James (1842 - 1910)