Thursday, March 06, 2008

Inspirations, part 2

I finally got the scanner sort of working (I will never understand the gremlins who run my electronics), which allowed me to scan the images below, so I'm revisiting the idea of inspiration, started by Annie.

These 2 pages of images had captured my imagination since 1970. The children's magazine it came from was what instilled in me the love of language and art, and of the language-art pairing, and this particular story with these particular illustrations were what cemented the love for me.



I have the top illustration larger so you can see the gorgeous details. (Yeah, it looks a little violent, but that's how that fable went and is no more violent than any Western fairy tales.)

On a somewhat unrelated note, I may take a break from the computer for a bit; I think I feel some carpel tunnel going on in my right wrist.

"To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act." ~ Anatole France (1844 - 1924)