Monday, April 07, 2008

Goodies, birdies, and paper


Goodies
TADA!!! Many thanks to Joanna at Product Body Blog for my wonderful prize (see above photo). These are two of my favorite bath and body products and I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I am to get them.

As a matter of fact, I was putting some Double-Whipped Shea Butter (Pink Grapefruit...not many things smell much better than that) on after my shower and I noticed that I was scraping bottom in my jar, and panicked because I thought I had forgotten to order a replacement. Frantically, I scrounged through the bathroom closet and all the drawers and under the sink space at both my sink and at dh's sink. Much to my relief, I found a brand new jar in one of the last drawers I looked in. Phew!

And lucky for me, this other new jar arrived today. Woohoo!

Birdies
I heard my first prairie warbler of the season today while hanging out the laundry. Another first was quite surprising. Ds#1 spotted a female rose-breasted grosbeak at our feeders. Usually the males come through first, with the females laggine a week or so behind. Not sure what's going on.

Oddly enough, field sparrows have started coming to our feeders too. They've never fed at the feeders in the 10 years we've lived here (at least not that we can remember). It's at least one little guy, maybe a couple more. I'm sure they're thinking, "we work 3 times as hard in the field to get the same amount of food as those schmucks scumming seeds up by the house, so we should go take advantage of free food too."

Paper
The paper we made dried a few days ago, but I've been too busy to take photos to post them. The first photo shows them dried and buckled like they tend to do when they dry. I have to press them under some heavy books now.

This second photo is a close up, but I was hoping it'd show the pretty fibrous look a bit better. Oh well.


"To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act." ~ Anatole France (1844 - 1924)