Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to my regularly scheduled programming

I'm so sad; my sister returned home on Saturday. The house feels really empty without her. And who's going to wash our other windows?? ;)

The only bright side is, I will now be catching up on my blog reading. I'll be visiting my blogging friends today!

It was a busy weekend. After taking sis to the airport, we had to do a bit of shopping, then attend a party for a former colleague of dh's.

Sunday, we ran errands for dh's dad and visited with him, stopped by our local health food co-op's "truck-load sale", then went to the Schacht Farm's Open Farm event. They are a lovely young couple who are raising chickens, turkeys, and sheep organically. They have llamas guarding the sheep and chickens. Apparently, dogs never worked well for them as guards, and llamas give them fiber as well as protection. The main road that our road comes out on is still flooded. What are normally corn or soy bean fields (don't get me started on diversification and the mess of the agribiz culture) are currently ponds and lakes that waterfowl have been drawn to. We saw a spotted sandpiper the other day on one of the new "ponds" off this road! The view yesterday, with the puffy cumulus clouds and bright yellow wild mustards, was particularly pretty:
"To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act." ~ Anatole France (1844 - 1924)