Friday, August 08, 2008

How wrong I was

Thanks again to everyone for their sympathetic words and advice!

So, how wrong was I? Did I actually think that a sting on the leg would hinder me less than the one on the finger? Duh! So, being silly, I hobbled around on Tuesday and Wednesday doing everything that I would normally do, ignoring the fact that my leg got warmer and warmer and that my inner ankle was starting to disappear. That was pretty darned dumb. I think that if I'd just taken to lying in bed on Tuesday and Wednesday, it would have been tons better by yesterday.

Instead, by Wednesday night, I was in a ton of pain (and I had been popping Tylenols and Allegras or Benadryls the past few days...which explained the general haziness I was feeling). I took photos of my legs Thursday morning just to have proof of how gross my leg was.

Here is my (good) left leg...I'll name it Daniel...haha! ~And here is my feverish, red, swollen right leg that got no TLC or respect (I'll call this one Rodney) ~Notice the disappearing ankle? The outer one was starting to be engulfed too.

But, it's a amazing what a day of rest will do, even though it's no fun to lie in bed all day. The good news is that I got a whole book read! I'm going to try and rest it some more this morning before heading over to our friends' home to help with their haying (I think dh will be doing the bulk of the helping, and I'll be doing a lot of sitting around).

"To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act." ~ Anatole France (1844 - 1924)