Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I wasn't going to blog today

...but a couple of things are worth mentioning.

Firstly, of course, is the historical and momentous occasion of the day. Either result from the election would have been historical - either first African-American president or first woman vice-president. I don't usually discuss politics or religion, so this will be short.

As a minority, I am happy to see Obama get elected because it sends a wonderful message to my children and others like them that they, too, can grow up to be president (although I'm really encouraging them to be farmers, carpenters, or brain surgeons...LOL!). I'm also grateful that he appears to be a genuinely nice person, as I'm generally not fond of politicians. Since various world leaders appear to like and respect him, I am hopeful that we will now be able to repair some of our heavily damaged relations with other countries. I sincerely wish him luck in solving all the pressing problems currently in our country.

Secondly, and, in my own life, no less important, is a lovely friendship award from Trisha of Suds to Love. As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm so truly fortunate to have found a community of generous and caring folks in the blogging community. I am supposed to pass this along to 8 others I feel deserving of this award, but I adore more than 8 of you, and you know that! So, I just want to thank Trisha from the bottom of my heart (you should go check out her blog and her very adorable chocolate labs)! And now, I have to get back to soaping and writing NaNoWriMo.

Happy Wednesday to all!

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet." ~ James Oppenheim