Sunday, November 09, 2008

We continue to interrupt our regularly scheduled programming...

Not that there's anything really regular about life, but it does seem like November has been an interruption to our usual sort-of routines.

I apologize in advance to my blogging friends for not going to visit as often this month. Something has to give and it may have to be my blog reading.

In NaNoWriMo, I'm behind by about 4,000 words as of today, but the good news is that I've surpassed my total word count for the entirety of November, 2007. I'm optimistic that I'll be much closer to the 50K goal this year.

We've been making more soaps for the holidays, ds#1 and I. Here he is doing his soaping thang:Ds#2, while not really involved with soaping, has other things to keep him busy, such as shelling the popcorn that we grew:We've also been making lovely ceramic creations. Here are some ugly almond cookies (but very, very tasty) that I made, presented on a "quilted" plate that ds#2 made. More photos of the plates we made can be found at my site if you're curious.

Speaking of ceramics, Joanna at The Soap Bar was wondering what soap dishes we like. Well, I don't have an absolute favorite, but I did make one this past spring that I've been using at my sink. Here it is, holding a bar of Heidi's luscious Lemongrass Clay soap:I've also been attempting to knit my first sweater: I realized yesterday, though, that I probably didn't buy enough hanks of that yarn, so called over to my favorite yarn store in town, Yarns Unlimited, to get them to hold a hank for me.

Well, that was a quick run-down of our past 7 days or so. Must run again. Wishing everyone a lovely week! I'll be going through that rough second week of NaNoWriMo and wringing my hands a lot. ;)

"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet." ~ James Oppenheim