Courtesy of Abby - thank you so much, Abby!!
Makes about 6 dozen cookies
These are great to make and then freeze!
1 1/2 cups (3/4 lb.) butter at room temperature
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked dried coconut
1. In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat 1 1/2 cups butter, sugar, orange peel, and vanilla until smooth.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, stir to mix, then beat on low speed until dough comes together, about 5 minutes*. Mix in cranberries and coconut.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on buttered 12 by 15 inch baking sheets.
4. Bake at 350 degrees until cookie edges just begin to brown, 8-11 minutes. If baking 2 sheets at once switch their positions halfway through baking. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
* note from Teresa: it took me only about 1 minute on my KitchenAid mixer.
second note from Teresa: I overbaked mine by accident, but they were still incredible
"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet." ~ James Oppenheim