Friday, January 23, 2009

Comfort Week - Image

Today is the last day of the Comfort Week Project. I'd like to thank Sherrie (Frenchy's Finds) for creating it. I'd also like to say how much I enjoyed looking at or reading everyone else's entries. And when I get some time this weekend, I'll have to add some to my "follow" list. :)

Friday's theme is image: a picture that represents total comfort to you; either an image of your own or a link to one you love.

This one was easy. Star gazing has always made me feel the most alive and happy and comforted. I feel one with the universe and content to imagine the sentient life outside our own solar system. You can't see the following with naked eye (even a good telescope wouldn't show it quite so well), but it's a fine example of the sort of astrophotography that I enjoy perusing when I'm not out star-gazing.The above stunning image of the Andromeda Galaxy (our closest galactic neighbor) was taken from the wonderful book, Galaxies by Timothy Ferris (the image below got cut off by my scanner): And there we have it, folks. Don't forget to check out the other participants in this fun project, and have a great weekend!

"He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home." ~ Johann von Goethe