Sunday, February 01, 2009

Number One son turns...13!!!

I remember the sixteen seemingly interminable and painful hours of labor like it was yesterday,
and yet, here he is, on the verge of becoming a young man.I know I grouse about him a lot sometimes and I lose my patience with him too many times to count, but truth is, he is a pretty great kid and I love that he is clinging onto to his childhood.

Do you know what he became addicted to over the holidays? The Muppet Show. While other kids his age start to get into girls, video games, and perhaps even drugs, he gets into cute little singing puppets that are only a stone's throw from Sesame Street. Granted, sometimes they have innuendos and stuff (Miss Piggy throws herself at Kermit every episode), but overall, it's really tame compared to what kids today watch. It makes me want to hug my kid.

Here's a couple more photos of him (he's often found with a book)...at about age 1:and around 6 years old:"He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home." ~ Johann von Goethe